Thanks for the review hoss... the rest of this stuff should surely be
fixed (FYI won't be by me, I did my time)

I only had one comment.
> exist -- dist and docs.  Looking at the tutorial, i noticed the first
> glitch: it lists the Solr version as "3.0.0.2011.03.06.20.12.33" (which i
> know means it wasn't regenerated with the forrest properties set by ant).

This is wrong and misleading. As you see in this long and confusing
string: 2011.03.06 was the date that I updated forrest, regenerated
the site, and included into the release candidate. How much more up to
date can it be!!!!!!?

I did my part. I have no idea what this version string means but I
regenerated forrest. If someone wants the string to display something
else, then they need to change it and commit it.