bq: How is this issue critical?

Well, a heck of a lot of clients I deal with use facets to do analysis
of their corpi, think of it as "poor man's stats". To tell them that
"well, the facet counts will not be accurate sometimes" is a tough
pill to swallow.

Where we're at with this is essentially telling Solr users "skip all
5.3 and 5.4 versions if you want your facet counts to be accurate".
Which sets the bar for releasing a 5.5 I guess.

That said I can deal with some fuzziness on facet counts, but I really
can't deal with index corruption so I guess it's a judgement call.