: one form to the other - but please, oh please, can we stop distributing
: the website in the release. Including the PDF's of the website. This is
: a pain in the ass to have to update and then include in the release as
: an RM - it's not worth its weight IMO. Disengage from Forrest ...
: disengage....

I've already contributed a patch in SOLR-2434 to completley decouple the
need to do any special website building from the release process.  if you
want to help reduce the pain in the ass factor, please review the
patch and vote to backport it to the 3_1 branch.

as for why the website is include in still included in the release -- it's
because no one has ever gotten arround to rolling up their sleeves and
cleaning up solr's website.  There's no seperation of generic docs
(commiters list, front page news, etc..) from version specific docs
(tutorial) like lucene-java did a long time ago; it's never been
integrated with the lucen-javae website since we did the dev merge; and
it's never been migrated to the new CMS.

if we start using the CMS (LUCENE-2748), and migrate everything except the
tutorial to the main lucene site, we could throw away forrest completley
and just leave the tutorial as one simple HTML doc included with the
javadocs using doc-files.

patches welcome!

-Hoss