: Is there some specific intent why there should be commit-level email for a
: mere non-release branch update? I mean, does anybody get any value from
: them? I do want to see them if master or branch_xy gets merged into, but
: not for branches LUCENE/SOLR-nnnn, especially when each of those Jira
: issues needs the same merge updates.

part of the issue is just the generalization of how the tools work --
branches that are important to some people are unimportant to tohers, and
the commit notification email code doesn't really know which are which, so
it does the same thing for every branch.

As discussed in another thread last month, i've filed an issue with INFRA
to request that the details of what branch is being updated be included in
every email subject...

...so ideally, moving forward, you can tell at a glance which commits are
to feature branches vs "master" or bug fix branches (or have your email
client filter/flag the ones you do/don't care about) ... even if a single
push contains multiple commits to multiple branches.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/