> TLDR: I don't think it's worth any time/effort to worry about fixVersion
> for open issues.

Thats fair and your explanation makes a lot of sense.

I'm not sure why you think it would be a good idea to blanket resolve
> issues with older fix versions -- that seems to be confusing cause with
> effect (ie: just because someone set the fixVersion=6.0 doesn't mean the
> bug was magically fixed or a feature was magically added)

I wasn't suggesting a blanket resolve of issues. There are a few that I
looked at that should have been resolved and weren't. This would require
some manual effort.

The reason I did that search was I saw a bunch of issues now have the
fixVersion as 6.0 even when they are still open. I never really took a
second look at the issues before since many of them were master and are now
fixVersion==6.0.

Since there isn't a problem here that open and fixVersion doesn't mean
anything together, I'm fine with just leaving as is.

Kevin Risden