I was thinking about this some more last night, and since I’m in software,
here’s the software I think I’d want:

Create a list of Alerts, each of which know how to do two things: 1) Determine
whether a given jira issue matches the alert 2) Determine an Alertee for a
matching issue.
One of Alexandre’s examples in this context: 1) If the issue hasn’t had an
update in a week, and the last update was by a committer, it’s a match. 2) The
committer with the last comment is the Alertee.
Another example: 1) If the issue has a patch file or a github pull request
comment, but isn’t assigned to anyone, it’s a match. 2) This dev mailing list
is the Alertee

Every week, iterate through all unresolved issues, and give every Alert
definition the chance to gather the list of matching tickets.
Then:
1. Dump each Alert’s list of issues on a web page someplace. Include diffs vs
the last run, so you can see if a given Alert’s list is growing over time.
2. Get the distinct list of Alertee for all issues that matched any Alerts, and
send each Alertee one email with the list of issues mapped to that Alertee,
grouped by Alert type.

So you give periodic reminders to exactly the people who should get them, and
you also have a place you can see this week’s status for everything. For bonus
points, people could squelch getting the email if it only contained issues
derived from certain Alerts.