Hi all,
I started fixing code issues reported by Findbugs; right now it is
reporting 4000+ issues in lucene/solr repository. I could use some guidance:
1) Will one JIRA issue be sufficient to cover all Findbugs-related items,
or should I raise separate items for distinct problems reported by
Findbugs? I raised LUCENE-7739 as a catch-all issue, but I can split it if
that's preferred.
2) My plan is to fix trivial issues first, then work on the harder ones. I
already sent a patch to fix issues related to unnecessary boxing/unboxing
when parsing strings. That patch covers the entire codebase, but in my
opinion it's fairly straightforward. Is that acceptable, or should I split
the patch somehow? Like, lucene/solr, or one file at a time, or one issue
at a time or...

Ideas welcome.
Regards,
Daniel