On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_luc...@fucit.org> wrote:

> Buf for bug fixes we really need to deal with this in a better way.  We
> need to track *every* bug fix made on a branch, even if they were
> backported to an earlier branch.

I think we have?

bugfixes are the only case (assuming we go with the plan where we
don't go back in time and issue 3.x feature releases after we release
4.x, etc) where we "go backwards".

I'll pick LUCENE-3042 as a random one.

Its in Lucene 3.2's CHANGES.txt
Its in branch-3.0's CHANGES.txt
its in branch-2.9's CHANGES.txt

its not in trunk's CHANGES.txt, since its fixed in a non-bugfix
release before 4.0 will be released.

In short, I don't think there is any problem... and as far back as I
can see, this is exactly how we have been handling all bugfixes with
the 2.9.x and 3.0.x bugfix releases.