Mark,

Staleness is way better than digging through mail archives, guessing and
getting it wrong, or re-invention.

Word of mouth doesn't scale.  The Lucene/Solr dev community is growing.

Where I see an opportunity to document current practice, where it is less than
obvious what to do, I will, modulo free time of course.

Feel free to ignore my idiocy.

Steve