[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8104?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16295653#comment-16295653
]
David Smiley commented on LUCENE-8104:
--------------------------------------
CC [~romseygeek] and [~martijn.v.groningen]
Note I have no intent to work on this anytime soon but wanted to at least file
an issue.
BTW [~mikemccand] the facet module depends on the Queries module too but it
appears it is only to make javadoc references to some classes it no longer
actually uses ;-)
> Grouping module should no longer depend on Queries module (ValueSource)
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: LUCENE-8104
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8104
> Project: Lucene - Core
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Components: modules/grouping
> Reporter: David Smiley
>
> The Grouping module depends on the Queries module in GroupingSearch /
> ValueSourceGroupSelector to use the ValueSource framework. It should instead
> use the newer DoubleValueSource or LongValueSource framework in Core. As I
> write this, this appears to be the last part of Lucene to refer to the
> ValueSource framework, and I think we should then remove it -- for another
> issue of course.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]