[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8104?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16298514#comment-16298514
]
Alan Woodward commented on LUCENE-8104:
---------------------------------------
I've committed the patch, shall I change this issue to reflect the
facets/queries dependency change instead and we can create a new one for
grouping/queries once LUCENE-7889 is in?
> Grouping module should no longer depend on Queries module (ValueSource)
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Key: LUCENE-8104
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8104
> Project: Lucene - Core
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Components: modules/grouping
> Reporter: David Smiley
> Attachments: LUCENE-8104.patch
>
>
> The Grouping module depends on the Queries module in GroupingSearch /
> ValueSourceGroupSelector to use the ValueSource framework. It should instead
> use the newer DoubleValueSource or LongValueSource framework in Core. As I
> write this, this appears to be the last part of Lucene to refer to the
> ValueSource framework, and I think we should then remove it -- for another
> issue of course.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]