[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8104?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16299740#comment-16299740
 ] 

Martijn van Groningen commented on LUCENE-8104:
-----------------------------------------------

I think for the grouping module, for now, the ValueSourceGroupSelector class 
should be moved to the solr-core module and then the dependency on the queries 
module that the grouping module has can be removed, which is a big win on its 
own.

> Grouping module should no longer depend on Queries module (ValueSource)
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: LUCENE-8104
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8104
>             Project: Lucene - Core
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: modules/grouping
>            Reporter: David Smiley
>         Attachments: LUCENE-8104.patch
>
>
> The Grouping module depends on the Queries module in GroupingSearch / 
> ValueSourceGroupSelector to use the ValueSource framework.  It should instead 
> use the newer DoubleValueSource or LongValueSource framework in Core.  As I 
> write this, this appears to be the last part of Lucene to refer to the 
> ValueSource framework, and I think we should then remove it -- for another 
> issue of course.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.4.14#64029)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to