Hello,

I came up with a situation with collection created with "router.field" and
using atomic update format for route.field in document that documents were
routed into wrong shard in CompositeIdRouter.

After doing some investigation I noticed that CompositeIdRouter#sliceHash
takes field value used for routing as is, which means that atomic update
format (like set=123) is used as a whole to calculate route hash instead of
just value 123.

I came over this by using field for routing which is never atomically
updated, but I feel like this is still quite nasty feature/bug which is
hard to detect.

Is this a known issue or should I create ticket from it?

Br,

Niko Himanen