"means pressuring people into accepting the github TOS"

That's a really good point. Hadn't thought of that and it's definitely not
ok to put github in control (or make them able to force a sudden burden of
work when we don't like what they did). Apache should determine it's own
destiny, and for that to be true, Apache must have it's own infrastructure.
Keep in mind who owns Github, and ponder what, prior to their embracing
open source, they might have done to give IIS an edge over httpd... for
example. They are playing nice now, but there's no guarantee that will
remain true for all time.