On 9/26/2019 11:41 AM, Jyothsna Bavisetti wrote:
I am trying to upgrade Lucene index from 4.6 to 8.0.0. When I'm trying to upgrade tool using:

java -cp lucene-core.jar:lucene-backward-codecs.jar \

org.apache.lucene.index.IndexUpgrader-delete-prior-commits  \

<snip>

Please let me know any option other than reindexing.

If you're upgrading more than one major version, you must reindex. Multiple major version upgrades have always been discouraged and never guaranteed to work, but now such upgrades are explicitly denied.

When you used the IndexUpgrader from Lucene 6, the Lucene version was written into the index. The recorded version was preserved by the upgrader for version 7. When the index was subsequently read by version 8, it complained because the original index was not written by version 7 or later.

Thanks,
Shawn