Hi Christine!

> * After a while (perhaps with Lucene 10.0 or perhaps at some other natural
> point) we re-arrive at the "together or separate" question. If splitting
> worked well then Solr promotion to TLP could be a natural next step

My whole point is that I think the split is by large already there:
the mailing lists, the issues, the codebase (git constitutes common
storage but the build system and nearly anything else pretty much
independent with Solr consuming Lucene artifacts). I also believe the
will to separate the projects has been with (some of) us for a long
time and postponing this decision won't change anything.

Dawid