Well, as Uwe and I discussed offline, he’s right and I’m wrong.

In CoreContainer [364] there’s code like this:

Path userFilesPath = return solrHome.resolve("userfiles"); // TODO make
configurable on cfg?
try {
  Files.createDirectories(userFilesPath); // does nothing if already exists
} catch (Exception e) {
  log.warn("Unable to create [{}].  Features requiring this directory may
fail.", userFilesPath, e);
}

So I assumed it would happen on most every test, at least in cloud mode. But
when I tried to make it happen on a different test, there was no exception.

I’ll have to poke some more to see what’s really happening…

Never Mind….