That's interesting. I did track LUCENE-9497 from your comment and
gradle/validation/error-prone.gradle

But it seems all the flags are disabled for now. So, is it actually
running on pre-commit (check)?

Because, for example, we also introduced a custom Doclet to check ?
cross-references recently. But error-prone supports JavaDoc analysis
as well. So, maybe these things should be consolidated.

I am guessing this is a separate discussion from MuseDev's approach as
they will primarily run the checks on PRs and show changed warnings
only (and with more tools). But it is somewhat connected at the same
time in terms of using a static analysis approach.

Regards,
   Alex.
P.s. It also means that maybe writing my own error-prone plugin and
integrating it into the project is less difficult than I estimated.