It looks like there is now general agreement on removing branch_8x?

I wonder if we should actually remove it, which is prone to
re-creating the branch by mistake, vs. replacing the content of the
repository with a README that says that this branch is no longer under
development like we did for the `master` branch.

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 5:09 PM Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com> wrote:

> +1 to remove / lock branch_8x in the lucene-solr repo, i.e. there will not be
> an 8.12 release by Lucene PMC.
>
> Whether Solr needs to release an 8.12 from own repos or not can be discussed
> in dev@solr if/when needed. So far there is only loose talk, and I think Solr
> PMC's energy should be devoted to the Solr 9.0 release.
>
> Jan
>
> > 22. nov. 2021 kl. 08:28 skrev Atri Sharma <a...@apache.org>:
> >
> > +1, agree with Uwe.
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 12:39 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya
> > <ichattopadhy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> +1 to Uwe's suggestion

Adrien