I opened a PR that adds a commit that wipes the content of branch_8x on the
lucene-solr repository, including the GitHub workflow, and adds a simple
README that explains that 8.11 was the last minor release of the 8.x
series. I didn't add anything about the fact that there might be (or not)
more Solr-specific 8.x releases, since it made the message too complicated.
We can still edit this README if/when we do something about it.

https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/2616