> The original motivation for the
> INFRA issue linked above is interesting to me. I didn't know
> contributors from China struggled to access Apache JIRA.

Just for a supplement - I did not know that either, but I think it's not
only abouit Jira.
I've seen several times developers in China sometimes struggle also with
connecting to GitHub - may be due to the so-called Great Firewall.
I've also seen the same situation in other services (video chat, etc.) so I
guess it's a general issue that the free internet connection is not
necessarily always available in all countries/regions.

Tomoko