On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 8:14 AM Tomoko Uchida
<tomoko.uchida.1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just for a supplement - I did not know that either, but I think it's not only
> abouit Jira.
> I've seen several times developers in China sometimes struggle also with
> connecting to GitHub - may be due to the so-called Great Firewall.
> I've also seen the same situation in other services (video chat, etc.) so I
> guess it's a general issue that the free internet connection is not
> necessarily always available in all countries/regions.

In the past we have had other GFW issues, for example with the build
system not working in China. I remember doing crazy stuff like this:
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/commit/f8577e6cb4f228b7280fca627d4ba712a5fde70a
It is difficult for those of us outside of China to help with this
issue, we can't easily test or anything like that. But IMO we should
try.