Hi Tomoko!

Great and works well! I also tested backporting with cherry-picks on issue https://github.com/apache/lucene/issues/11701:

- The linked PR (https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/11718) was main only. In the squash merge message I added "This fixes #11701."

- After merging the PR the related issue was closed too (standard behaviour)

- I then used my desktop machine and cherry picked the squash commit using my TortoiseGit by opening log, switching to main branch, right clicking the commit and choose cherry pick. This went throough without any problems.

- The merge commit was successfully also linked in both the PR and the issue.

So all works as it should. No need to create separate PRs for 9.x. I look into backporting https://github.com/apache/lucene/issues/11701 to 8.11 branch (if the original author responds). Of course ten the links won't work unless you add repo name.

But now my question: To contact the original bug submitter I acnt do anything in JIRA anymore. That's fine, but when do we add the automated message to all issues with a reference to the new Github URL? This would help to inform the user like "now look here.... user looks github and sees: issue resolved".

Uwe