On Mon, Feb 19, 2024 at 1:00 PM Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
wrote:

It appears to always search prefixes, so there is no way to search for
> “wunder” without getting “wundermap” and “wunderground”. Putting the term
> in quotes doesn’t turn that off.

Hmm that shouldn't be the case?  It does split on camel case though (thank
you WordDelimiterFilter!).  E.g. try searching on infix
<https://githubsearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?text=infix&dd=status%3AOpen>
and
you should see it highlighted inside terms like AnalyzingInfixSuggester.

In fact when I search for wunder
<https://githubsearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py?chg=new&text=wunder&a1=&a2=&page=0&searcher=25966&sort=recentlyUpdated&format=list&id=acbloeox20ko&dd=status%3AOpen&newText=wunder>
I get a horrible exception, I think I know why (it happens for any query
that gets no hits!).  I opened this issue
<https://github.com/mikemccand/luceneserver/issues/26>.  I'll try to fix
that soon.

Walter, I'm not sure how you were able to even search on "wunder" -- did
you get actual results?  From githubsearch
<https://githubsearch.mikemccandless.com/search.py>?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com