hmm so after playing around with this Intellij build for a bit I ran
into some trouble -- all the tests relying on SPI seemed to start
failing. So then I switched back to build with Gradle and rebuild the
project and these tests passed. Just to double check there wasn't some
strange stale build problem, I think switched back again to IntelliJ
builder and I still see the same failures; example is like:

NOTE: reproduce with: gradlew test --tests
TestAnalysisSPILoader.testLookupCharFilter
-Dtests.seed=88A2DA17C6510A33 -Dtests.locale=en-PR
-Dtests.timezone=Etc/GMT-9 -Dtests.asserts=true
-Dtests.file.encoding=UTF-8

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A SPI class of type
org.apache.lucene.analysis.CharFilterFactory with name 'Fake' does not
exist. You need to add the corresponding JAR file supporting this SPI
to your classpath. The current classpath supports the following names:
[]

I guess there must be some setup required in order to expose the SPI
resource files to the build? So I checked some of the resources
folders like lucene/analysis/common/src/resources and sure enough it
is labeled as a resources folder in intellij UI. So ... what am I
missing?