I would say separating builds should be the duty of a build container.
If Jenkins somehow allows two build plans to run from the same
directory then I think it's either a bug or a risky feature.

This said, there are also downsides of appending anything that changes
(per-run) to build directories -- you won't be able to tell where your
JVMs (and their output files) are created, if stuff is left behind
you'll have an incremental mess from which it'll be hard to determine
what's recent, what's stale, what failed, etc.

I know this for a fact because I initially created current working
directories in a temporary folder (at random). It was hell.

Dawid