On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Jack Krupansky <j...@basetechnology.com> wrote:
> Here's an example query with q.op=AND:
>
>    causes of heart attack
>
> And I have this synonym definition:
>
>    heart attack, myocardial infarction
>
> So, what is the alleged query parser fix so that the query is treated as:
>
>    causes of ("heart attack" OR "myocardial infarction")

Thats actually inefficient and stupid to do. if you make a parser that
doesnt split on whitespace, you can just tell it to fold at index and
query time just like stemming. no OR necessary.

But I think you are trying to get off topic, again the real problem
affecting 99%+ users is that the lucene queryparser splits on
whitespace.

If this is fixed, then lots of things (not just synonyms, but other
basic shit that is broken today) starts working too: