: OK I think a WARNING in smokeTester makes sense ...
:
: But as Hoss said ... figuring out the release branch from smokeTester
: ... isn't easy.  Hmm.

At a certain point, too much automation is "too much".  I already think
the snoke tester is too complicated -- what tests the tester?

It's great to automate any sanity checks thta can be reliably automated,
but we have to remeber that each of us has to take resonsibiliity for hte
fact that we are *personally* voting for hte release, and the smoke test
scripts are just tools to help save us time doing verifying trivial
things.  We still need to be concious of what exactly is in the release,
and wether it works, and wether the smoke testers "SUCCESS" was really a
false positive, etc...

"smokeTestRelease.py don't vote to release; People vote to release."

-Hoss