I don’t really buy the fad argument, but as I’ve said, I’m willing to wait a
little longer for others to catch on. I try and follow the stats and reports
and articles on this pretty closely.

As I mentioned early in the thread, by all appearances, the shift from SVN to
GIT looks much like the shift from CVS to SVN. This was not a fad change, nor
is the next mass movement likely to be.

Just like no one starts a project on CVS anymore, we are almost already to the
point where new projects start exclusive on GIT - especially open source.

I’m happy to sit back and watch the trend continue though. The number of GIT
users in the committee and among the committers only grows every time the
discussion comes up.

If this was 2009, 2010, 2011 … who knows, perhaps I would buy some fad
argument. But it just doesn’t jive in 2014.

- Mark