Hi,

I remember vaguely the discussion of finding the optimum for reg rate
in ALS-WR stuff.

Would it make sense to take a subsample (or, rather, a random
submatrix) of the original input and try to find optimum for it
somehow, similar to total order paritioner's distribution sampling?

I have put ALS with regularization and ALS-WR  (and will put the
implicit feedback paper as well) into R code and i was wondering if it
makes sense to find a better guess for lambda by just doing an R
simulation on a randomly subsampled data before putting it into
pipeline? or there's a fundamental problem with this approach?

Thanks.
-Dmitriy