+1

On 03/08/2014 12:04 AM, Ted Dunning wrote:
There was not yet a meeting.

I owe the list a summary of what people said and some suggested
roadmapping.  I will get to that on the weekend and we should be good for a
hangout meeting sometime next week.

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1...@hotmail.com>wrote:

Hey Guys,Been trying to follow with the 1.0 goals , was there already a
meeting on what the initial plans are for development and notes from that,
I am particualrly interested in deep learning and service-izing mahout ,
let me know.
Thanks

From: ted.dunn...@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 19:32:40 -0800
Subject: Re: Mahout 1.0 goals
To: dev@mahout.apache.org; s...@apache.org

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 2:24 PM, Sebastian Schelter <s...@apache.org>
wrote:

- AFAIK its also a problem to ship it license-wise as the required
libraries would not be Apache licensed

See this discussion from the Spark community for details:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-spark/pull/575

This is a real issue and getting a lot of time over on legal as well.

A non-optional LGPL dependency doesn't fly at this time.