Yes, the limitations are often an issue for people doing things that aren't
in the PMML spec yet; there could be room for suggesting new features in
the spec by building them though, I suppose.

Also agree that XML is a lousy/bloated way of representing stuff like this,
but in the end it's just a choice of representation so there may be reason
to use some other encoding and then provide an XML-export function.