Hello Saikat,

#1 and #2 above are already implemented.  #4 is tricky so i would not recommend
without a strong knowledge of the codebase, and #5 is now deprecated.  (I've
just updated the algorithms grid to reflect this).  The algorithms page
includes both algorithms implemented in the math-scala library and algorithms
which have CLI drivers written for them.

Please see: http://mahout.apache.org/developers/how-to-contribute.html

And please note that per that documentation, it is in everybody's best interest
to keep messages on list, contacting committers directly is discouraged.

The best way to contribute (if you have not found a new bug or issue) would be
for you to pick a single open issue in the mahout JIRA which is not already
assigned, and start work on it.  When your work is ready for review, just open
up a PR and the committers will review it.  Please note that if you do pick up
an issue to work on, we do expect some amount of responsibility and reliability
and tangible amount of satisfactory work since once you've marked a JIRA as
something you're working on, others will pass on it.

Another good way to contribute would be to look for enhancements that could
make to existing code not necessarily open JIRAs that need to be assigned to
you.  For example please see the recent contribution and workflow on:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1833 .

If you have something new that you'd like to implement, simply start a new JIRA
issue and begin work on it.  In this case, when you have some code that is
ready for review,  you can simply open up a PR for it and committers will
review it.  For new implementations, we generally say that you should do this
when you are at least 70-80% finished with your coding.

Thank You,

Andy