Andrew,Thank you very much for your input, I actually want to start a new set
of JIRAs, here's what I want to work on, I want to build a framework that ties
together search/visualization capability with some machine learning algorithms,
so essentially think of it as tying in elasticsearch and kibana  into mahout ,
the user can search for their data with elasticsearch and for deeper analysis
on that data they can feed that data into one or more mahout backends for
analysis.  Another interesting tie in might be to hack kibana to render ggplot
like graphics based on the output of mahout algorithms (assuming this can be a
kibana plugin).
Before I go hog wild to create a bunch of JIRA's I'd like to know if there's
interest in this initiative.  The tool will bring together the ELK stack with
dynamic machine learning algorithms.  I can go into a lot more detail around
use cases if there's enough interest.
Looking forward to your and other committers input.Thanks