From: Andrew Palumbo <ap....@outlook.com>
Sent: Friday, August 5, 2016 2:38 PM
To: dev@mahout.apache.org
Subject: Re: MAHOUT-1876 - Lucene compatibility

Ahh- yes I think we started removing MAHOUT_LOCAL capability I see the check
for MAHOUT_LOCAL was removed in this commit:

https://github.com/apache/mahout/commit/daad3a4ce618cbd05be468c4ce6e451618f3a028
[https://avatars3.githubusercontent.com/u/692523?v=3&s=200]<https://github.com/apache/mahout/commit/daad3a4ce618cbd05be468c4ce6e451618f3a028>

MAHOUT-1665: Update hadoop commands in example scripts (akm) closes a… ·
apache/mahout@daad3a4<https://github.com/apache/mahout/commit/daad3a4ce618cbd05be468c4ce6e451618f3a028>
github.com
…pache/mahout#98

So it would make sense that you are seeing that Error in local mode.