The current
apache-mahout-distribution-0.12.2.tar.gz<http://mirror.stjschools.org/public/apache/mahout/0.12.2/apache-mahout-distribution-0.12.2.tar.gz>
 is 224M. we need to look for ways to get this size down.

  1.  A few Possibilities:

  2.  Drop h2o (binary only) from Distro? (18M - unused)

  3.  MAHOUT-1865<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1865>: Remove
Hadoop 1 support. could save us some space.

  4.  MAHOUT-1706<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1706>: Remove
dependency jars from /lib in mahout binary distribution. Should also save space.

  5.  Having dropped support for MAHOUT_LOCAL we can now likely set a lot of
dependencies to <provided> scope, we can revisit:
MAHOUT-1705<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1705>: Verify
dependencies in job jar for mahout-examples.

     *   16M    ./lib/hadoop

     *   85M    ./lib/

        *   Many of the jars in /lib/ and possibly /lib/hadoop are already
packaged into the mahout-examples jar and adding them to the classpath from
/lib/ is therefore redundant. As well many may be provided.