2 + 1
3 + 1

4: other projects do something too. spark (at least it used to) to produce
tons of lib-managed deps as the result of its build, they probably still
have?

On the other hand, the samsara only dependencies are really light. backends
are really always "provided", and the rest of it is fairly small enough not
to be an issue either way.  but we probably definitely should drop local
support for MR stuff (MR local mode didn't work correctly anyway, last time
I checked)