thats annoying --was supposed to be a single email:

apalumbo [7:47 PM]
@Trevor Grant cc:/#0-14-0-release/dev@mahout.a.o:

 Did you get an answer here RE: meeting tomorrow, Sat12/?14?  I can meet
tomorrow morning, the later the better.  I'd forgotten several things this
week.  To cut an RC there are some new changes that need to be made to the
release master's `.m2.settings.xml` (me? I'm fine with doing it, but have
instructions if someone else wants to take  crack first).. I'd forgotten about
my anniversary so wont finish anything tonight, and prob will be out of pocket
till at least 2:00PM PST tomorrow.  I can try to get the
`change-scala-version.sh` [1]worked out and committed by then, if someone wants
to cut an RC before tomorrow afternoon can do a find/replace if the folllowing
[WIP] PR is not working (stil needs testing).

[1] https://github.com/apache/mahout/pull/385

New release commands [2]:
1. `mvn clean package -Papache-release release:prepare`
2.  `mvn  -Papache-releaserelease release:perform`

Instructions for new `~/.m2/settings.xml`:

GitHub
[WIP][untested] borrow again from spark.  Changes really need to be made for
2.11 -2.12 -2.13 … by andrewpalumbo · Pull Request #385 · apache/mahout
…Scala
 2.11 to 2.12 Purpose of PR: Please give a short description of what
this PR is for. Important ToDos Please mark each with an
"x" [ WIP ] A JIRA ticket exists (if not, please
creat...

```This directory id for release related scrips and resources
Settings.xml: A setting file needed in the /.m2/ directory In order to sign
artifacts All lines which need to be replace are marked with an <!-- EDIT THIS
--> comment.

<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.1.0";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.1.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.1.0.xsd";>
<!-- ASF 2.0 LICENSE -->

 <localRepository>${user.home}/.m2/repository</localRepository>
 <interactiveMode>true</interactiveMode>
 <offline>false</offline>

  <!-- To publish a release for staging to NEXUS via Maven -->
  <profiles>
     <profile>
  <id>apache-release</id>
  <properties>
    <gpg.keyname>THE_EIGHT_DIGIT_GPG_SIGNING_KEY_NAME</gpg.keyname>
    <gpg.passphrase>PASSPHRASE_TO_YOUR_SIGNING_KEY</gpg.passphrase>

<deploy.altRepository>mahout.releases::default::https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/</deploy.altRepository>

<url>https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/</url>
       </properties>
      </profile>

      <profile>
       <activation>
         <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
       </activation>
      <properties>
          <gpg.keyname>THE_EIGHT_DIGIT_GPG_SIGNING_KEY_NAME</gpg.keyname>
      </properties>
     </profile>
   </profiles>
   <servers>
     <!-- To publish a snapshot to Maven -->
     <server>
       <id>apache.snapshots.https</id>
       <id>website</id>
       <username>ASF_LDAP_USERNAME</username>
<!-- EDIT THIS -->
       <password>ASF_LDAP_PASSWORD</password>
<!-- EDIT THIS -->
    </server>

     <!-- To publish a website of some part of Maven -->
     <server>
       <id>apache.website</id>
       <username>ASF_LDAP_USRNAME</username>
<!-- EDIT THIS -->
       <password>ASF_LDAP_PASSWORD</password>
<!-- EDIT THIS -->
       <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
       <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
     </server>

     <!-- To stage a release via Maven -->
     <server>
       <id>apache.releases.https</id>
       <username>ASF_LDAP_USERNAME</username>
       <password>ASF_LDAP_PASSWORD</password>
<!-- EDIT THIS -->
       <privateKey>${user.home}/.ssh/id_rsa</privateKey>
       <passphrase>PASSWORD_TO_YOUR_PRIVATE_SSH_KEY</passphrase>
<!-- EDIT THIS -->
       <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
       <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
       <configuration></configuration>
     </server>

     <server>
      <id>THE_EIGHT_DIGIT_GPG_SIGNING_KEY_NAME</id>
      <passphrase>PASSPHRASE_TO_YOUR_SIGNING_KEY</passphrase>            <!--
EDIT THIS -->
     </server>

     <!-- To stage a website of some part of Maven -->
     <server>
       <id>apache.website</id> <!-- must match  repository identifier in
site:stage-deploy -->
       <username>ASF_LDAP_USERNAME</username>
<!-- EDIT THIS -->
       <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
       <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
     </server>
   </servers>
</settings>

Required settings for a release via maven 3.3.9 are:

ASF_LDAP_USERNAME
ASF_LDAP_PASSWORD

in order to create an scp ssession with the repository to upload artifact in
the deploy phase.

THE_EIGHT_DIGIT_GPG_SIGNING_KEY_NAME
PASSPHRASE_TO_YOUR_SIGNING_KEY

Are used to sign and verify commits. Theese are required variables which are
used when creating a mahout release (and only if you inted to release.). The
keyname: THE_EIGHT_DIGIT_GPG_SIGNING_KEY_NAME for lack of any imagination
listed here must be recognized by ASF, and listed in the mahout
/Distribution/KEYS file.

Edit these variables to deploy to an other URL:

<deploy.altRepository>mahout.releases::default::https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/</deploy.altRepository>

<url>https://repository.apache.org/service/local/staging/deploy/maven2/</url>```

[2]
https://github.com/apache/mahout/blob/8794c42f910ed6fc3ac93d4081a88385520cc84b/release/README.md

Fyi, there is a Kown bug with mvn (i dont have it handy and have to run)
occassionally, between `release:prepare` and `release:perform` the version
number will be set to the next iteration withough the `deploy` goal running..
in this case one must reset all the version back to `14.1`  and run `mvn
deploy` (or possibly `mvn release:perform` ? been a while, but point is berfore
running `release:perform`, sometimes need to rolback by hand and release
otherwise you end up releasing `14.2-NAPSHOT`

I hope to be online by arond 2:PM tomorrow.  thanks

--andy

GitHub
apache/mahout
Mirror of Apache Mahout. Contribute to apache/mahout development by creating an
account on GitHub.