When trying to use the Generic Authority Connector
(org.apache.manifoldcf.authorities.authorities.generic.GenericAuthority) we
experienced some problems:

Line 681 (context = JAXBContext.newInstance(Auth.class);) results in an error:

javax.xml.bind.JAXBException: Implementation of JAXB-API has not been found on
module path or classpath.
- with linked exception:
[java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.ContextFactory]
javax.xml.bind.JAXBException: Implementation of JAXB-API has not been found on
module path or classpath.
- with linked exception:
[java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.ContextFactory]
        at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.newInstance(ContextFinder.java:232)
        at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.find(ContextFinder.java:375)
        at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:691)
        at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:632)
        at
org.apache.manifoldcf.authorities.authorities.generic.GenericAuthority$FetchTokensThread.run(GenericAuthority.java:717)
com.sun.xml.internal.bind.v2.ContextFactory
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1412)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1220)
        at
javax.xml.bind.ServiceLoaderUtil.nullSafeLoadClass(ServiceLoaderUtil.java:92)
        at
javax.xml.bind.ServiceLoaderUtil.safeLoadClass(ServiceLoaderUtil.java:125)
        at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.newInstance(ContextFinder.java:230)
        ... 4 more

We are using JDK 11 as our runtime envirnoment. As far as i understood, support
for jaxb was removed in JDK 11. So my question is, does anybody know a
workaround for this problem (adding jaxb libs manually?) or are there any plans
to upgrade the GenericAuthority Connector to JDK 11 (jakarta.xml.bind).

Kind Regards,
Uwe