I have to agree, bringing people out for dinner cannot be considered
bribery. I am in a non-tech distribution company and it is the way
business is done. take them to dinner, play golf with them etc. its a
great way to listen to what they need and you can discuss you
solutions to them in those areas without being hassled. It cannot be
considered bribery, what you are simply trying to do is to get their
time. And in this article, it seems that Linux did not take its time
to talk to the client. MS won this fairly. It simply means open source
advocates need to work harder. Following this story, there is a need
for better after sales service. Thats how MS won this.

Charles