Erwin Tenhumberg wrote:

I wonder how many comments will actually come from real OpenOffice.org
contributors or at least people who have expressed serious believable
interest in developing for OpenOffice.org.

I'm personally less interested in philosophical comments from open
source "advocates" who for example do not have to feed their kids with
their OpenOffice.org development work, or at least do not take those
developers into consideration.

Anybody can ask for a GPL and a foundation, but it's not that easy
to solve the related issues, e.g. sponsorship, affected jobs, etc.

I'm again not saying that the GPL or a foundation is bad, but I'm
not a fan of discussions by people who are not (or at least much
less) personally affected (I mean the non-OOo-developers who might
comment to the article).

What you term "non-OOo developers" could mean any of us on the Marketing list.

I'm curious what people think.

It's a mistake to believe that I am advocating GPL. Please re-read the article.

-Sam

Best regards,
Erwin