Hi,

As a Danish marketing contact, I was last week contacted by an IT company who suggested that we should collect money for an OOo 2.0 advertisement in a newspaper - same style as what the Mozilla people did when Forefox 1.0 was launched. The company itself would be willing to pay a certain amount of money.

I think it's a great idea. Of course there's always a risk that we cannot collect money enough, but given the fact that there's a lot of companies an organisations out there who sees Microsofts total dominance in the office suite market as a problem, I think there should be a chance that this could actually work.

I would like to know what people on this list thinks about this suggestion. Maybe we could make a collective initiative with more or less the same ad in newspapers all over the world? Maybe even on the same day?

Best regards,

Finn G. Larsen