Hi Mark, *

Mark Harrison (Groups) wrote:

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 15:23 +0100, Bernhard Dippold wrote:

Most of us know your opinion about CollabNet and the restrictions of
our homepage - and most of us know as well the problems between
oooauthors and documentation project as well.

Bernhard,

I, for one, didn't know Daniel's view on this. I've been on this list
for about 6 months, mainly as a lurker. Likewise, I had no idea that
there were any problems between oooauthors and the documentation
project.

Sorry - I didn't think of you in this line, but of the project members knowing of these problems and having a certain opinion about it.

(The rest of this message isn't particularly aimed at you, but a more
general response to the thread and indeed general content of the list
over the last few months, so please don't take this personally.)

I won't - you describe quite exactly what I saw during the last months.

The more time I spend on this list, the more I seem to encounter
different groups of people with radically different agendas telling each
other what to do.

I am also sick of the continual ad hominem attacks that seem to occur on
a regular basis on this list.

I don't think that anyone here wants these attacks on the list.

I'd like to thank those who HAVE helped me over the course of the year
in my own efforts to market OOo. It's clear, however, that my own
business strategy is not targetting the same markets as the official OOo
marketing project, and therefore there's little (if any) benefit to the
list in having me post, nor is much benefit to me in subscribing.

I don't think so. As our CoLead John did answer you on your previous mail you are on the right list here.

For us as project we need the input from people like you. We can imagine what is needed for OOo - but the more input we get the better we can aim at the real needs.
(And I remember your very valuable comments on the positioner proposals)

For you there will probably be more benefit, if you start a new thread if you want to help us on a specific point. I'm quite sure you'll get some answers...

I still believe in the project. I believe in the integrity and
commitment of virtually everyone on this list. However, I think it's a
shame that so much of the content is devoted to rubbishing other
peoples' efforts.

Full acknowledged - and I hope we'll get over it ASAP.

I happen to believe that there is a need for two distinct lists - one to
promote the "OOo marketing strategy" and one to help local groups, like
my company (there are 3 of us) to help us try our own marketing of OOo
to different markets outside the segments defined in the core marketing
strategy.

The list you suggest does already exist:
strategy@marketing.openoffice.org

It was used when the Strategic Marketing Plan was discussed just a year ago. I don't think that we 'll have to revive it, but we can if there is a need.

Please post your requests for help to this list - so we'll overcome the in your eyes overemphasized strategic discussions. This list reacts to the questions posed here: Don't hesitate.

Best regards

Bernhard