Hello,

On 2006-02-05, at 13:42 , Ian Lynch wrote:

On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 11:48 -0500, Daniel Carrera wrote:
Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
* When people asked the MP lead why she fired a MarCon the issue was
sent to the CC.

Ian and Adam asked Laurent for the CC to intervene. The CC did not ask
to see this and sent the issue back to the MP.

IIRC Adam asked what the procedure was for expressing a grievance if it was not allowed on the list and Louis referred him to the CC. Since the CC rep is Laurent, that is what happened. Presumably the project has to
have some procedures to deal with something that appears to be an
injustice. In this case it seems the outcome ended up as - Don't post
about this on the marketing list, its off topic. ok who do we contact?
The Community Council - who then referred it back to the marketing
project.

To me that seems totally bizarre.

Look at the archives of [EMAIL PROTECTED] There were two messages that Laurent forwarded to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list, which is where a lot of the agenda items for Council discussions come from:

1. From Adam Moore via Laurent G.:

http://tinyurl.com/9urx5

2. From Ian Lynch via Laurent G.:

http://tinyurl.com/ccog7

As the ultimate agenda for the council discussion stated, there was no clear request for Council action. Your clamour that it was an injustice with, at the time, crucial evidence lacking, was not enough for the Council to do specific things. The Council returned the issue to the MP to get the needed evidence and then to discuss it. As I mentioned in my last email on this subject, I would expect that will happen once Jacqueline returns this week. Should it be the case that the discussion results in specific things that are relevant to the CC, then it could be returned there and the Council would then be able to act on it.