Hi Charles,

On 2/22/06, Charles-H.Schulz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My memory must have shortcomings then. :-)  What were your contributions?

Daniel has done a good many things for OpenOffice.org, as have been listed.
Documentation, testing, QA, he created an installer for an OS he doesn't
even use, OOoAuthors, and so on.

I think the problem lies in the fact that most of Daniel's efforts of late
have been focused elsewhere, outside the bounds of the
OpenOffice.orgproject.  Not that they are in conflict with OOo, they,
in fact, are related
to and often directly support OOo - they just take place outside of OOo
proper.  I speak of he work with the OpenDocument Fellowship, OOoAuthors,
Open Clip Art Library, and other projects.

I agree that recently Daniel's comments have seemed more negative than
positive, but based on past performance, he deserves the benefit of the
doubt.  I have no doubt in Daniel's desire to see open source, open formats,
and Open Office (.org) succeed in the best way possible.

--
- Chad Smith
http://www.gimpshop.net/