Hi,
On 2006-05-05, at 16:18 , Ian Lynch wrote:

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 15:48 -0400, Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:

Your group, the OpenDocument Fellowship, is of course free to
advocate whatever you will, and I wish you the best.

Really? If you believe that getting MS to adopt ODF hurts OOo why would
you wish someone the best for doing it?

To be sure, I think it's a dubious idea to advocate MS O to use ODF, though it does help to portray them as stick in the muds, as I have (eg, OOo leaps ahead, MSFT looks behind--and stays there). But I was being both polite and also trying to nuance that whereas I don't agree with the idea of OpenOffice.org advocating MSFT to employ the ODF, I am not about to suggest what your group does.

Cheers,
Louis