On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 07:24 +0800, Jacqueline McNally wrote:
> Hello
>
> I would like to propose John McCreesh as the new Marketing Project Lead.
>
> John has made a huge contribution to the project prior and during his
> role as Co-Lead. Contributing to the website content and infrastructure,
> drafting and editing the Strategic Marketing Plan, and now together with
> Cristian coordinating why.openoffice.org.
>
> Please welcome John in his new role, and lend your continued support to
> John and Cristian as the leads of the Marketing Project.

Thanks for those kind words. It's been a great pleasure and a privilege
to work alongside Jacqueline on the MP - her contribution has been
enormous, even when she should have been taking things easy and looking
after her own health rather than than that of the MP :-) She has agreed
to keep an eye on the project and help us with her experience and 'feel'
for the world of open-source - for which I will be grateful.

The good news is of course that Cristian has agreed to be co-lead for
the MP. Cristian is full of ideas, and with Microsoft starting to lose
touch with its core market, I'm sure we'll make serious marketing
progress and have no end of fun over the next twelve months.

For now, I'd like to focus the MP on the why.openoffice.org theme,
building up the momentum to a really powerful conference. If you aren't
already booked to attend - do it! If you've wanted an excuse to visit
Europe - you've got one! If you really can't attend, we still need your
success stories - get in touch and we'll find some way of presenting
them to the conference.

*You* know why.openoffice.org - now let's tell everyone else.

John