Ian, Alex,

I really would like to stop this thread that is getting nowhere by two
important points:
-the Brazilian and the Portuguese (do Portugal) are more different than
two dialects of the same language, so now they have evolved into two
languages, to the point that you now have different translations for
books or even web sites. English is and remains one language with minor
differences.
-I had, some time ago, organized a vote inside the NLC in order to know
how people would feel about the opening of an english NL project. The
vote was negative. Let me repeat it so that it can be clear once and for
all: the NLC has *democratically* decided that it wouldn't change its
status of being the confederation of the communities who do not have
english as their mothertongue for OpenOffice.org . It's not that we
don't like England nor Her Majesty the Queen. It's that we like to be
the way we are. So the NLC doesn't want to have an english NL project.
Is that clear enough?

I hope now that we can really close this thread and move on.

Thanks,
Charles.