On Tuesday 20 February 2007 23:41, Charles-H.Schulz wrote:
> Graham,
>
> nice and ambitious idea. Let me forward your mail to some folks at
> Google and see what they think.
>
> Thank you,
> Charles.

Thanks Charles that would be appreciated

If we get an affirmative from them I'll start up a wiki page to help it along

Cheers

> Graham a écrit :
> > All
> >
> > I've been trying to come up with a campaign to coincide with the
> > beginning of the University year here in NZ.  I always came across the
> > same stumbling block: Cost.
> >
> > Some discussion on the Art list with regard to Logos got me thinking.
> >
> > Especially when I picked up a copy of the latest PCWorld! Attached to
> > this months issue is ANOTHER entire 48 page magazine devoted to Vista and
> > Office 2007 put together by the PCWorld NZ people and paid for by MS.
> > This is on top of PCWorld itself being half filled with Vista.
> >
> > The mind boggles at the cost of such a campaign
> >
> > However Christian Lohmaier, (A man, I might add that has immaculate taste
> > in music :) ) Bernhard Dippold and myself were busy disagreeing about
> > Logos, marketing and so forth on the Art list and that inspired the
> > following idea.
> >
> > If there is a need to move a 1000 tonnes of  let's say wheat, from one
> > side of a continent to the other, the large corporate would use what it
> > could afford and get a really big train because they can buy the train.
> >
> > The volunteer organisation can afford a bicycle.  Or at least each of
> > it's members can afford a bicycle.
> >
> > So the large Corp may have a really big train but we have lotsa people on
> > Bikes moving a few kilos at a time.
> >
> > In order then to take advantage of our strengths I needed to stop trying
> > to figure out how I was going to afford a Train and how to make the most
> > of what we've got.
> >

> > So I came up with a simple call to action -
> >
> > Gooogle:OOo
> >
> > The aim of the campaign is to raise Brand recognition and get people
> > hitting the website and let the website take care of increasing the User
> > base.
> >
> > The reasoning behind this goes like this.
> >
> > Anyone can print off single page flyers on their home printer
> > Anyone can take out a classified in the local paper or magazine or trade
> > publication.  Whatever an individual feels capable of paying for.
> >
> > A ream of paper costs about $8 here in NZ  Print 500 with Gooogle:OOo on
> > them and go letterbox stuffing.  Stick them up on Community Notice
> > Boards. Give away bumper stickers.
> >
> > The constant is the Gooogle:OOo
> >
> > We may have to talk to Google about using their name as a verb, but hey
> > it's already in wide use in any case
> >
> > The advantage to OOo is that we are not gathering money to fund a big
> > campaign that our competitors can afford to do far better, we are
> > leveraging grassroots enthusiasm and not expecting more than a little
> > time.
> >
> > To give it maximum impact however we need to coordinate a Gooogle:OOo day
> > around the globe.
> >
> > Comments
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > GL

Graham Lauder,

"GET LEGAL - GET OPENOFFICE.ORG"
http://why.openoffice.org
ISO 26300 compliant

"GET DRESSED - GET OOOGEAR"
http://www.ooogear.co.nz
Promotional gear for the discerning OOo Advocate