Hi people, I am not sure if anyone notice the recent event at Dell when there was a big suggestion box for people to recomend dell what is the next step. To a lot of surprised people, a request of pre-packaging Linux on their desktop.

However the second most popular request was having OpenOffice.org pre-installed. I wonder if this is a call to action.

This morning, slashdot put a note on HP taking the leadership on the shipping of Linux distros and already having talks with many linux distros.

The important part is if we should be proactvie, should the why.openoffice.org launch a new campaing to directed to the vendors on having OpenOffice.org shipped on DELL and HP.

I think that Dell duck this requestion rather clumsy by saying that they offer linux on their enterprise desktop and no-OS option on their domestic products. Mainly to the confusion of the Linux distos.

OpenOffice.org on the contrary doesn't have this issue since there are no different OOo distros at least for the most part. And I think that having OOo is much better than having a cripple office suite like Microsoft Works which was the default.

Should we have a campaign of a Dell offering OpenOffice.org pre-installed with a banner saying 'Make it Possible'.

Anyone up for this idea.